Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting


Sculpture entitled 
Is It Worth Waiting For?

Yesterday's waiting for internet transactions, and never once applying this.
I had associated this practice with "waiting room" experiences.
Now I see it is so much bigger and prevalent in my life.


This just in...
~~~
It's Thursday and I am realizing (again) that the waiting in my life
is EVERYWHERE, 
not just the obvious waits at stoplights,restaurants, stores, etc. 
In fact, I have not really been "out" in three days.
So, now, here goes:
J.R.
(3 breaths)
K.L.
(3 breaths)
M.W.
(3 breaths)
~~~

I am
DRAWN instead of DRIVEN
FOUND instead of SEEKING
GROUNDED instead of GRASPING
CENTERED instead of SCATTERED
ENOUGH instead of MORE
NOW instead of WHEN
FULL instead of HUNGRY
STILL instead of RUSHED
RIGHT HERE instead of THERE.

~~~
Rita is never late.
It was only during the last 10 minutes or so of my
wait for her at Freebirds that I remembered this practice
and started enjoying the breathing time.
Interesting how I kept expecting her to show up at any minute,
so it wasn't a frustrating wait at all.
She and I got a good laugh out of her assisting me
with my practice this week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment