Sunday, March 31, 2013

Loving Eyes


It's Wednesday, and I've hardly thought about this practice.
Starting the new job yesterday, my attention...and my eyes...have
been focused on SO many new things that are now in my line-of-sight.

I like to think that my vision for my work, for the business, and for the people
there is coming from a place of LOVE...seeing potential and giving folks the benefit
of the doubt as I get to know them better and understand their styles and intentions.
My eyes are so tired, especially from gazing at a computer screen and learning the new
in and outs of a system that is so different from mine at home.

When I got home last night, I was exhausted and my eyes were spent!
Now that I've had a good night's rest and am delaying my departure to Abilene,
I want to head out with this practice in focus.

What will I see along the way?
Who will I encounter?
What will challenge me?
What will delight me?

Loving eyes are accepting eyes...admitting eyes...present eyes.
"Open my eyes that I may see..."
~~~
Aha!
Saying goodbye to Mother, taking her face in my hands,
looking straight into her eyes with my loving eyes,
holding our gaze longer than she might have allowed in the past,
and feeling a connection made that said it was all okay.
I left feeling peaceful.
She knows.




No comments:

Post a Comment