Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Media Fast

Monday:
Bargaining big-time...newspaper still on ottoman...plugged in to my
email this morning...answered Debi's "letter"...identifying my addictive forms 
of media...internet news bits...checking and rechecking email...
email as my connection to my Connections...Maddow & O'Donnell...
worked crossword puzzle and then threw newspaper away...
resisted reading the news blurbs on the internet
Tuesday:
Did crossword and threw unread newspaper away...
no Yahoo news blurbs
Wednesday:
Crossword puzzle, but threw newspaper away...
no Yahoo news blurbs
Thursday:
Another day of crossword puzzle and no newspaper
or Yahoo news blurbs
Friday:
I cheated and read the newspaper and was reminded of
how very little I've been missing!! 
Enjoyed working my crossword puzzle
Didn't look at Yahoo blurbs
Saturday:
Scanned the paper and worked the crossword
No Yahoo blurbs all week!
~~~
I realize how much I enjoy being "connected" to the world
via media, especially my MSNBC nightly crew!
I can, however, feel what the author referred to as an
"underlying anxiety"...more an awareness that the news on
MSNBC makes me want to respond...DO SOMETHING!
Is that bad?
Fasting from the Yahoo news blurbs was good; so much of
that supposed "news" is just gossip and speculation.
I do like some of the heart-warming stories that come across
from time to time, and I'll probably go back to at least
scanning the blurbs for that kind of POSITIVE news...I enjoy
putting those on my emmyblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment